Monday 16 February 2009

Just This:

So the weather is finally warming up,
no longer in the chilly minuses.
We have the bathroom window propped open,
and you can smell the freshness of spring beginning,
bringing hope in the middle of the most dreary month of the year.

I realised (again) that the city never sleeps.
There is always something happening,
sounds all over,
indicating life, growth, movement, change.
Life.

From the window there was a faraway siren,
a barking dog,
a car running,
honking,
birds,
and mumbles of pepople talking.
From inside--
computer noises from the next room,
my dog stirring and snoring simultaneously,
music in my iPhones.
Even now the a clicking of dog nails,
and from the corner of my eye I can see her tentatively trying to sneakily get on the bed.

What do you really want from life?
What makes it beautiful to you?
Why do you embrace is everyday?
On some days, why do you feel like rejecting all that it has to offer?

Thoughts...

No comments: