Wednesday 28 September 2011

When life gives you lemons...

Today sucked.  Let me summarize:

My skin has been breaking out like a pre-pubescent teenager.  There are bright red spots on my neck, the left side of my mouth/chin, my jaw line.  I thought when I was a teenager that growing older would solve my acne problems--you don't see many adults with blemishes--but apparently that is not so.  I'm 26 years old and I still get acne every month around menstruation.

And while speaking of menstruation, how much does it suck?  I mean, it always is crappy no matter how you look at it, but sometimes it feels like the bouts of PMS are so much stronger than usual.  On Sunday, I believe, I sobbed into Matt's shoulder over some ridiculous little thing that made me upset (I can't even remember what it was) and apologetically cried, "I'm s-s-s-SORRRYYYY!!! I'm P-P-PMSing!!!!"  It's the worse; when I think of it, the PMS is worse than the actual period most of the time.

Cell phone in toilet!  How does it even happen and how often does it happen??  I was going into the washroom, carrying my cell phone in my hand and somehow it slipped out of my hand and of course, managed to fall straight into the toilet bowl.  I snatched it out instantly with my ninja reflexes, I stood and yelled "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!"  and then ran to the kitchen to immediately stuff it into a container of rice.

How am I supposed to survive without a cell phone, especially considering I still don't have a home computer?  I miss that window to the outside world.  I am immensely grateful for this little Apple laptop that Matt's family has been letting us use, but it's not the same as having my own computer that stores all my pictures and music.   I miss music.

Colds and sore throats.  Waking up in the morning with a scratchy throat that feels like it's been shredded with a grater sucks.  I don't handle being sick very well, probably because I rarely get sick so I turn into a self-pitying blubbering mess.   Matt is really the best boyfriend.  He puts his arm around me, wraps his legs around my legs, rubs my back and asks me what he can get for me.

And I enjoyed a quiet evening with my two sisters, watching Get Smart, eating brownies and drinking tea... I have also started sketching/drawing again, although I'm nowhere near artistic or talented.  It's a lot of trial and error, trying over and over again to get the right proportions and shading.

I shall return to Gilmore Girls and consider how God does not want me to be reliant on technology.  I don't have a cell phone or computer and I feel surprisingly...calm about it... As Matt said, these are just things and not all that life consists of.

Constantly learning to be calm and accept these difficulties one step at a time. 

Blessings. 
 

No comments: