Friday 27 December 2013

Updates Galore!

It's been a terribly long time since I've updated and I have no excuse...other than being caught up in the usual busyness of Christmas and wedding preparations.

Life seems to have gotten busier as I grow older.  Clearly part of it is due to the natural transition of moving through life stages...but I am swamped!

Here are some photos to give you an idea of what I've been up to!



Lake Ontario frozen!  Just before Matt went off work for Christmas vacations, I was still taking the dogs to the beach, but the water is now partially frozen and the mornings out there are COLD.

The week before Christmas we had an actual snow fall.  I mean, for the past couple years, despite being in Canada, our Christmas's have been green.  This year was a treat though--for the people who want a white Christmas.


Instead of buying a large freshly chopped tree as we had initially planned, we decided to go with something a bit more green friendly.  We bought a small live spruce in a pot from Canadian Tire.


Okay, so he's a bit small, but he's mighty at heart and he'll still be with us next year! (Fingers crossed, I don't have the best green thumb.)

Matt bought me a pretty candle holder for more Christmas decor...


We also got some pretty stars from Ikea to hang in our windows...



More exciting stuff!
I won't show what's IN the box, but we bought our wedding bands today.



Buying the wedding bands made everything seem so much more...real.  I can't believe we're getting married!!! It is the natural progression of things (for most people), but sometimes it's so hard to imagine being a MRS.

To add to that--

We've finally made some honeymoon decisions and I think most everything is figured out!  I have some important things left to do, but for the most part I feel calm and on track about all of it.

Having Matt home from work for a couple weeks has been so awesome.  I've been working a lot myself this week, so I'm very much looking forward to a 4 day stretch off that I have coming up.

We took the dogs to the dog park today and Oliver was a good little photogenic boy.


Cutest little man.

Well, that's all for now!  Stay tuned for more wedding plans and all that boring stuff!

~Marcia

P.S. Did I mention...I BOUGHT A DRESS???  


No comments: