Friday 25 April 2008

Little Things

I find myself pleased by little things.

Sunsets. The taste of milk. Scents of vanilla. The warmth of tea. Clean clothes. Rippling water on the lake. A new leather-bound crisp journal.

It makes me wonder at humans. How enamoured we are with things that are generally quite unimportant in the grand scheme of things in life. We love our comforts, our food and house, shelter, provision, and entertainment. Material things please us and fulfil us to some extent. Yes, we are a people of comfort.

But the more I think about it, the more I come to the realization that those little things are what makes the grand scheme of life. Without our idiosyncrasies, our tastes, the things we delight it or love to hate, we would not be who we are.

Enjoy the sunshine. Bask in love. Eat what you like. This is life.

No comments: