Monday 5 May 2008

Many Things

I know I said in my last post that I had many random things to talk about, and then I ended up discussing mainly the children's workshop, so let me try and make up for that, with some thoughts that have circling in my head.

Love. I know I discuss it so much, but I can't shake the feeling that it's what makes the world go around. However, lately I've been thinking about the dark side of love, and that is...the fine line between love and hate.

The sticking point of love and hate is how well you know someone. The more you know someone, the more you'll either hate or love them. Usually if you are noncommittal about your acquaintances. You don't experience strong emotions about them, just easy-going, Hi how are you? attitudes. But, as you grow closer to people, open yourself up to them more, and become more vulnerable to them, the potential to either love or hate grows. And that, is the fine line between love and hate.

What boggles my mind is our ability to move from love to hatred.
I see people who are in relationships who "love" each other, who are affectionate, carely about each other, and are very close in every aspect. As time passes and wears on their relationship, I eventually see/hear of them breaking up, and not always amicably unfortunately. I suppose the question I have to ask is...
When is true love, true love?

See, people say that they love someone, but I believe that if you really care about someone, yes you'll go through hard times, yes you'll fight and argue, but you will stand by the commitment you made to them, when you said those vows of "For better or for worse". This is specifically targeted at married couples.

Is it not frightening that two people who claim to love each other deeply, who claim that they cannot live without each other, and who are filled with a great feeling of love and emotion, eventually turn against each other with anger, hatred, and bitterness.

After looking/diagnosing/thinking about relationships that have failed/are failing, I've come to the conclusion the communication is the KEY to a successful relationship. Complete honesty is a must. You must be open, you must say how you feel, you must state worries and frustrations, you must tell your partner you love them, you must communicate.

Of course, I'm not married, so you should probably ignore that advice.

By the way, I've sated myself in The O.C. this weekend. I downloaded the entire first season in a day, and have been watching through it at an alarming rate. Any advice on how to control t.v. obsession? Leave a comment.

That's it for now.

1 comment:

Fay said...

luv ur blogs! lol, sorry i'm a random. but ur blogs r interesting. rite moree!
=]