Saturday 18 April 2009

a new one

from you to me
from i to you
strange how
it never comes true.
how my dream
feels surreal:
haunts me when
i close my eyes
and nothing
is as true to me
as those little
white lies
i tell myself to
stay alive and
keep from free
falling, but life
won't let you live
a lie,
catching you up
in it's truthful tide;
waves
of feelings when i
hear you calling
worst of all
is all consuming
emptiness
that makes you
pause and wonder:
what is life if we are
left alone to wonder
through time with
out another beating
heart close to ours?
or worse, torn
asunder--been
give that little drug,
taste of what
could be, then
denied it again.
keep thinking,
'time heals all wounds'

1 comment:

Nan-chan~~~ said...

For some reason your poem reminds me of Severus Snape. I don't know why... I think it is because there's a feeling of gaining something and then losing it again...

Recently, I've been thinking on big questions of what I want out of life... and things like that... Do I want to play it safe? Or do I want to grab that moment like M'n'M suggested?