Tuesday 4 May 2010

Tattoos & Lack of Creativity

I'm not going to post a picture of it, but I have another tattoo in the works! A new graphic designer that I know from my previous job has offered to draw me up a sketch, so I am most eagerly awaiting it.
The only thing that bothers me is the fact that I'm not creative enough to plan one myself. Of the two that I currently have, one is copied almost directly from a photo I saw on the Internet, and the second is simply the word "love" on my wrist, so nothing special.
The next tattoo (third) is again, a picture from the Internet that just looks so beautiful/creative. I can't pass up on it. The graphic designer is going to tweak the words (font size, type, and placement) and clean up the picture section of it, before going ahead with it. I'm very very excited.
But, I HAVE to think of another tattoo (eventually) that is more original and more Marcia. I saw a spine tattoo that I fell in love with as well, but again, another copy of a picture from the Internet.
Come to think of it, I'm really not a very creative person. Every once in a while, I have flashes of brilliance, but consistently? No. I blame my mother for this, and she would freely admit that she was never a creative person, and never challenged any of her children to be creative. Two my sisters can draw/paint/all that junk, but stick figures are my forte, and aspiring people to anorexia is not exactly my style.
Hey Marcia...pull yourself together, girl!!
And stop talking to yourself at work. You're creeping people out.

No comments: