Saturday 2 July 2011

back!






I've been
frightfully remiss with my blogging as of late. The only pathetic excuse that I can offer is simply that my life has been too busy, but that's not completely true. I spend time laying about, daydreaming, contemplating all the things I should be doing and am not doing. It's a frightful cycle.

Also, there's that little thing of having a boyfriend, a Person, a partner, a lover, a friend... There's such a comfortable intimacy between us now, all those spaces filled with love, the whispers of comfort and love. I can't begin to boast of my lover's kindness and gentleness, his sadness when he disappoints me or unintentionally hurts me, the thoughtfulness he displays... It's easy to feel that one gives more, but when I truly sit and think about the person he is, I know that he gives and goes above and beyond for me, just as (I hope) I do for him.

Is that what relationships are based on? I guess the equality of feelings, the desire to commit and make things work...I don't think you can put your finger on one quality that will fix a relationship or will guarantee it's longevity...it's a combination of virtues that cause relationships to grow or to die.

Anyway, it's ridiculously humid out, where isn't Canada supposed to be the land of cool and ice? The perspiration, beads of sweat and general feeling of griminess is truly disgusting so I'm trying to move as little as possible and drink water, lots of cold water.

Hope all is well with you, my dear readers. Much peace.

No comments: