Friday 1 June 2012

All In A Day's Work

Another day of being sick, but I got much more accomplished than expected!

I got my insurance renewed on my car, finally.  Over the past four months I have been paying off a large credit card settlement and had to cancel my insurance policy to make my finances work.  I had been planning on cancelling my policy anyway, because I was paying $200/mth for my 2003 Hyundai barebones Accent.  It has manual locks and windows!  Anyway, I met up with my broker today, for the first time in person, and was pleasantly surprised to find it a small but well run company with friendly and helpful staff.  She found me a new insurance company and I will only be paying $126/mth now!  Needless to say, I am very happy with this change.

I updated my ownership, finally.  Also something I should have done at least a year ago.  My car's ownership was listed with the address of the first apartment I lived in...which was two apartments ago.  Kind of a big deal, even though I never bothered.  Stood for twenty minutes in line at the MTO and all done without a big hassle of any kind which leads me to...

I got a city street parking permit, finally.  Now I no longer have to park at my old apartment which is a twelve minute walk away.  I have a dashboard sticker saying I am exempt from the hourly parking limits which are posted all around my place--that is the downside of living directly downtown.   Tonight I am parked one street over from my apartment and it feels real nice having my car that close again...

I did laundry, finally.  Seriously...ten loads maybe?  I dragged my sick and sorry butt over to the laundry mat with my boyfriend and sister and we all did laundry together...and I even folded it after... Not too bad for someone super congested with the sniffles!

Nothing is more calming and sleep-inducing to me than the laundry mat.  It's so warm and the whirring of the machines makes me nod off.  Now if only they have more comfortable chairs!  I'd be tag teaming laundry and afternoon nap time.

Now it's time for me to head to bed.  Hope you guys have a safe and fun weekend... I'm working this one.


The whirling dryer and my feet reflected.




Laundry snack.


This is where we wash/dry/fold.

Funky colours!


No comments: