Wednesday 20 June 2012

It's here!

Here is the first post of what will be a succession of many posts!   Things I love about summer is going to be a list of 100 activities, smells, experiences that I love about summer!  


I'm going to kick off the list with *drum roll*


SAND!


In the winter all the beautiful sand that surrounds the Great Lakes is buried underneath snow and ice.  There is nothing like the feeling of sand between your toes, walking down the beach, building sandcastles, digging little trenches with your heels, being buried up to your neck... 


The downside is the grittiness in the bed if you don't clean it off properly, but it's all worth it!







As you can see, Licorice loves the sand as much as I do.  When I take him to the beach, he  digs a huge hole with frenzied excitement, then lays down and rolls about in it.  


So there you have it, the first love of summer!  I hope you stayed tuned in for the next 99 loves! 











No comments: