Monday 11 June 2012

Promises & Runs

"I promise I will love you for the rest of your life..."  Yesterday Matt knelt before me on the living room floor and held out a silver Celtic knot ring, tears in each of our eyes.  No, we're not engaged or getting married any time soon, but there is something heart-stirring about declaring your love for someone in a piece of jewelry, no matter what size, shape, make or cost.  He slid the ring onto my finger and we hugged, cried, laughed and held each other.

Sometimes thing are really tough.  Sometimes you wonder why you're doing it.  Sometimes you pray for strength to keep on keeping on because you don't know what else to do.  Sometimes the days seem long and the minutes stretch out into hours.   Sometimes you're laughing, smiling at each, at peace and in love.  Relationships are probably the most up and down, in and out, head-over-heels thing we will ever do in our lives.


I won't be the first or the last person to say it, but...it's worth it.  The fighting, the crying, the anger and tension...all these things are just temporary and eventually lead into laughing and happiness.  You gotta take the good with the bad, the happy with the sad.




Licorice and I went out for a 3.5k run today.  We stopped at a water fountain to cool off and I am currently enjoying the heat & sweat.  Nothing feels more legit than sweating during a work out.  I will also be posting some photos soon of a bike I bought yesterday!  We went for almost a 10k ride last night and now my bottom is very sore today.  Not looking forward to going in to work in a couple hours....fee fie foe fum on my desk job!


No comments: