Monday 14 January 2013

Mr. Cat

I've had four cats in my life.  The first was "Orange Person", a gentle elderly cat that I took in from a man who was being admitted into a nursing home and could not longer care for.  The second was a street urchin that I adopted and who unfortunately died from a car accident.  The third is Mr. Cat.

Mr. Cat has been my little man since kittenhood.  His mother belonged to my parents and we were all elated when we discovered she was pregnant; we had never experienced kittens in our house before.  Eventually they were born and we were amazed by how cute they were and how quickly they grew.  The five of them were divied up among friends and I chose "Soot" aka Mr. Cat.  At that point I was moving out on my own for the first time and I knew I would need a companion to keep me company so away we went, Mr. Cat and I.

Since it was just the two of us for the longest time, we became best buds.  He had a strange habit of peeing in the cat litter as I was using the toilet.  When I was crying or sad, he would crawl onto my chest and start purring and kneading me.  As my sister moved in, my boyfriend moved in, we moved apartments, Mr. Cat has gone along for the ride.  He is still my buddy and I have to admit that I may just love him more than the other animals.  






That's my handsome boy :) 

No comments: