Tuesday 25 March 2008

Giving It All

and still feeling empty.

I thought the idea of pouring yourself out was to be refilled anew with greater and better emotions and thoughts.

But instead, after working for so many days in a row, being exhausted every morning and night, feeling lonely, alone, abandoned, and empty...

Giving it all doesn't seem like such a great idea anymore. It seems like a waste of my time and energy.

People barely interest me, I struggle to make conversation about mundane facts of life such as the weather, and I want every discussion to be more meaningful than it ever can be.

Le sigh.

This is the probem with life and myself. We're at odds with each other. I want more than people will give me. I don't want pithy meaningless incidents. I would like every situation to speak depth and life.

No comments: