Thursday 17 July 2008

Living Life

There isn't much to life at times, or so it seems.
If you break it down, all you have are bits and pieces of memories that make you smile and laugh, hurts and scars that you have carried for many years, and scattered thoughts that can frustrate, or fill with inexplicable joy.
We cling with an odd stubbornness to material things that represent something to us, and yet, letting them go, and releasing them into God's hands, we discover freedom. In releasing, we become released ourselves.
At any rate, perhaps the biggest mistakes that I make in life are building up life to be this giant, complex, puzzle that must be solved in order to live life fully.
Perhaps I should simply allow myself to live without constantly wondering what life means, whether I'm living as I should, and what I can change to enjoy it more.
Life doesn't have to be answers to questions...the questions themselves are life. It's accepting that, that makes the difference.
Forgiveness, moving along the roads that life leads us down, and allowing others to continue down their path of life...that's moving forward, that's living. That's life.
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.
-Phillip Yancey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's part of the Western mind to think of "results" more than "journeys". Or maybe it's not so Western as it is "material". At any rate, I think you are so right - to look at the now and realize that if you are doing God's will, if you have maintained contentment - surely that is the optimal place for you?

I think that it's part of human nature though, to critique one's place because we want to ensure things are going to be okay... I dunno...

Sometimes, too, I don't think it is so much of "you" that becomes unhappy - but also "others" around you make comments and then you start to wonder if you are lacking.