Sunday 12 October 2008

AwakeAwakeAwake

I haven't slept more than five hours straight since Thursday.

For whatever reason, I lay on my bed for hours, waiting for sleep to come, feeling too keyed up, my mind busily scrambling around. It's as though I can find no peace or rest. I end up shoving my iPod in my ears and listening to some soothing music that helps me fall asleep. Just as I start drifting off, I pull the headphones out and try to sleep.

I'm afraid that I'll choke myself to death with the headphones, or not hear my alarm clock over the dulcet tones of Ray LaMontagne, Dido, David Gray, Damien Rice, Michael Buble, and other such gentle crooners.

At any rate, the moment I pull those headphones out, and I can feel myself starting to wake up and get tense again. Andddd stick them back in and turn up "Hushabye Mountain"...I love you Dick Van Dyke.

I am very very seriously considering a white noise machine. I'm sure I look ragged, and I need to sleep!!!
But each night, the exhaustion disappears and I'll be awake until two or three in the morning, either laying on my bed staring at the ceiling, or sitting in front of my computer listening music and trying to tire myself out.

Ah the dilemmas.

No comments: