Wednesday 25 March 2009

Varying Degrees of Change

We have this strange expectation that when things change it is going to happen drastically all at once, and that we will be surprised and confounded by the changes in our life.

I guess the thing is...it doesn't really happen that way at all...not usually anyway.

Things just creep up on you, until it feels like you just wake up and realize that things have changed around you.

It's probably a blessing in disguise. Drastic changes usually adversely affect us. We're not built to handle stress, worry, and concern.

I'm not even sure why I'm writing this, except that I feel as though I am facing changes head on, not with eyes shut. It's the first I've done this so it feels a bit odd and I'm not sure how things will progress, but I will update with my craziness and rambling.

1 comment:

Nan-chan~~~ said...

I agree about change... I remember you and I enjoying "Prince Caspian" so much only because we were forced to be aware of change.... like the fact that Josh and David were shipped off so suddenly!

"Nothing will change, Jo." - Laurie...

That was an awesome line... but if you think about this - and I'm sure I'm repeating myself, it only reminds me of what William Hurt's chara said in "Tuck Everlasting"...

"We are stuck like a rock..."

I'd rather go tumbling crazily through life than watch it pass me by. I feel that that lesson came from watching you all these years. Believe it or not. :D

As it was said in Winnie the Pooh movie... "you are stronger than you think, braver than you feel..."